Friday, November 30, 2007

Ideas ... Ideas ... Museum of Sciences and Arts

Hello again.

I am now at Orange County, of California. Irvine to be exact! Will be here until Dec 18. From time to time, I always have these crazy ideas on how to make my beutiful, lovely hometown, Johor Bahru, more interesting! And since I am nobody, and my ideas may be rubish for most people at Johor Bahru herself, I just jot them down in my blog! :). It is not a finish paper though! I will update it from time to time. It will be completed when it's complete!

Museum of Sciences and Arts.

For some people, it's really a waste of money (and land). The government of Johor can make more money by selling lands to private sectors (later develop more houses and more shopping complexes). And even money will be continue wasted by need to manage these Museums. But museums is something that are precious to the development of races and nations. It shows the progress and advancement of one race, and one nation. It also a point of attractions for the scienties and artist, or even simply tourists.

Yes, Johor Bahru is already have several museums. Is that right? We have Royal Abu Bakar Museum at Istana Negeri. Ohh I believe we also has "Kite" Museum at Pasir Gudang. Anything else? You know, I wish Johor Bahru becomes like San Diego. Do you know how many museums San Diego has? Let me list them down...

1. San Diego Natural History Museum
2. San Diego Air & Space Museum
3. Maritime Museum of San Diego
4. San Diego's Aircraft Carrier Museum
5. Museum of Contemporary Art San Diego
6. San Deigo Museum of Arts
7. San Diego Automotive Museum
8. San Diego Railroad Museum
9. Mingei International Museum
10. Children's Museum/Museo de los NiƱos San Diego
11. The San Diego Firehouse Museum
12. The Museum of Photographic Arts
13. San Diego Museum of Man
14. Reuben H. Fleet Science Center - San Diego
15. San Dieogo Computer Museum
16. Veterans Museum & Memorial Center
17. San Diego Chinese Historical Museum
18. San Diego Hall of Champions Sports Museum
19. Women's History Museum and Education Center
20. San Diego County Sheriff's Museum

Wow... I manage to list them all. Did I miss anything? All these museum are under one administration, San Diego Museum Council. Following are some pictures on those museums:

2 comments:

Nazri Razali said...

I love museums, but it is very tricky to get a museum to finance itself. Many people fail to realize that museums are vibrant, living institutions and not a dead building. So, the museum needs a lot of cash to run and maintain, and to keep its exhibits and attractions fresh. Otherwise it will be dead, and nobody wants to visit a dead museum where they show the exact same things as the last time you went ten years ago!

BudakJB said...

Mr. Sevven, or should I call you Ustaz Sevven. Anyway, great comment. Unexpected! I thought nobody read my lousy blog! Will add later a paragraph or two regarding how to finance this museum that I am talking about.